Main Street Presbyterian Church
Return to Public Worship
Our main concern is the health and well being of all those attending and we would only ask you to attend, if you feel comfortable to do so. If you or any member of your family are displaying any symptoms of COVID-19, or have been in close contact with anyone displaying such symptoms, please join us via Facebook and do not attend in person.
We would ask those attending to respect the 2m social distancing rule at all times and adhere to the signage displayed, both outside and inside the building. With this in mind please read the ‘Stay SAFE at church’ guidance enclosed and note the following:
- Time & date of opening – Sunday 19th July 2020, service at 11am, with arrival no earlier than 10.30am;
- Parking will be available at both sides of the church, with entry to the building via the main front door only;
- There may be queues, so please bear with us whilst we endeavour to safely welcome you into the building;
- On entry and exit to the building, please make use of the hand sanitiser provided and make every effort to minimalise touching surfaces;
- The Steward’s will guide you and your family to allocated seating, filling the sanctuary from front to back;
- Under no circumstances can you choose a seat, other than the one allocated;
- Families must be seated together and children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times;
- There will be no crèche or children’s church facilities available at this time;
- Toilets in the foyer will be open for emergency use only, with hand-towels provided;
- Face coverings (masks) are not a mandatory requirement, however if you feel safer wearing one, please do so;
- You will be required to complete a form of attendance, supplying your name and contact number should it be needed for potential tracing purposes;
- We will still continue God’s ministry through the distribution of CDs, live streaming of the Sunday service on Main Street Facebook and posting of this on the website
Following further recent consultations with public health authorities, we join with Christian church leaders all over this island in formally recommending and encouraging the use of face coverings at all services of worship, along with the ongoing maintenance of 2 metre physical distancing, from Sunday 30th August 2020, and earlier if practicable.
The Clerk of the General Assembly
On behalf of the members of Kirk Session, please accept our thanks in anticipation of your co-operation, in helping us to meet our responsibilities as a congregation. We can assure you of our continued prayers at this challenging time.